11301 - Bromeliads (Garden) - 2014-01-22|
(Dimension: 1530 x 2050 pixels - Counter: 1951)
(Uploaded as: Tillandsia prodigiosa)
Locality: Portugal - Choose your state - Madeira Collection
Photographer: Rick Martin
Note: Newly aquired (saved!) I am assuming this is Tillandsia prodigiosa ?
It seems to be seeding and has four pups. Very happy with it! (Sent: email@example.com)
- Note: Rick Martin (2014-01-22) - On further investigation I find it is likely to be Tillansia samantha. Beautiful, but not quite as rare as prdigiosa! (wishful thinking)
- Identification: Eric Gouda (2014-01-22) =Tillansia 'samantha'
- If not a natural Tillandsia kalmbacheri (seems to be too large for it) it is probably Tillansia 'samantha'
- Note: Rick Martin (2014-01-23) - Thanks for the confirmation Eric, I rescued this from a corner of a small isolated nursery here in Madeira. Will rest it before I remove any pups.. Hope to get a bloom next year.
- Identification: Jeffrey Kent (2014-01-24) =Tillandsia Samantha
- I do not know how many were cloned by DeRoose plants. More than 100,000! Very good pupper. Keep looking at that nursery as there are other beautiful Tillandsia Hybrids soon to come to your local nursery. (Sent: firstname.lastname@example.org)